What you should know about car pricing
This chapter will help you to understand how car prices are determined and how you can get the best price for your new or used car.
Before we begin talking about the price you may be able to get for the vehicle you want to purchase, it’s a good idea to understand the different aspects of vehicle car pricing as well as some questions you should ask yourself about your own situation.
You need to understand that if you go to a dealership, decide on a car you want to purchase, and do the financing for the car right then and there, you could cost yourself hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than you should have if you had done things differently. So, as with the rest of the information in this guide, your best defense against a bad deal is doing your homework.
What you should know about car pricing: Section List
- Car pricing definitions
- Research car pricing before you go to the dealership
- Know what the dealer paid for the car… new or used
- Negotiate from the dealer cost… not from the sticker price
- Never mix the vehicle price negotiation with other factors
- Get your vehicle financing before you go to the dealership
- Don’t buy vehicle extras when buying a car
- The “Sneaky 13” car dealer ad scams and strategies that can cost you money