Car Buying 101: Everything you need to know when buying a car
Welcome to Car Buying 101: Everything You Need To Know When Buying A Car. This excellent resource will provide you with in-depth information about how to choose a car, what to do at a car dealership, how to buy a car online, car pricing, trade-in values, car financing, closing a deal, what to do after the sale, and much more.
Car Buying 101: Everything You Need To Know When Buying A Car is brought to you by Federal Auto Loan, the best place to find auto financing or a bad credit car loan on the Internet. Whether you’re looking for a fuel-efficient hybrid, an SUV, a soccer-mom minivan, or a big-engine muscle car, federalautoloan.com is a great source to help you get an auto loan – whether you have good credit, bad credit, or no credit at all!
We believe this guide will be a great help as you go through the car-buying experience by providing you with the essential information you need to choose, buy, finance, and maintain a new or used car. It is organized into chapters that begin with choosing the right car for you and ending with what to do after you’ve purchased your car. In the pages that follow you’ll find hints, tips, and links that will make sure you are well educated about the car buying process.
Please Note: The material presented in this guide is for informational purposes only. While the authors have done their best to present this information accurately and completely, no warranty is made as to the completeness or accuracy of the information presented. No source can provide for all situations and circumstances and the consumer is urged to do research on their own, and to consult their individual tax and financial advisors, as part of their car buying decision process and to help avoid becoming a victim of scams and dishonest activity.
Car Buying 101: Chapter Guide
This chapter will help you evaluate your personal situation and what you should be thinking about as you consider a vehicle purchase.
- How good or bad is your credit situation?
- Understanding why your credit score is so important
- How to get your credit scores for free
- Know what kind of borrower you are
- Problems associated with a poor credit score
- Fully understanding your credit report and what’s on it
- Things you can do to help you get auto financing
- What you can do to improve your credit score today
- Self-assess your lifestyle and things you can improve on
- Are you “upside down” on your current car loan?
- The “Get out of Debt” plan: Consider it for you!
- Frequently asked questions about debt counseling and credit repair programs.
This chapter will help you to evaluate and choose a car that will suit your lifestyle and budget. It can also help keep you from making the mistake of picking the wrong vehicle.
- Determine what you can afford to spend on a vehicle
- Figure out how much debt you can realistically have
- Make sure you aren’t under water on your auto loan
- Under water on your car loan? Consider gap insurance
- Calculate the payment on your vehicle with a car loan calculator
- Determine the type of car you’d like to buy
- Details on how to review car models
- Review vehicle fuel economy and safety ratings
- Important questions when buying a new or used car
- Learn how to properly research used cars
- A comprehensive used car checklist
- What does the State DMV do and U.S. 50-State DMV Links
This chapter will guide you through the process of evaluating and negotiating with a dealer to help you get a good car and a good deal to boot!
- Vehicle tests and checks to perform at the dealership
- How to plan for a car test drive
- What to do after the test drive
- The “Big 13 Do’s and Don’ts” of car buying
- Know the true cost of car ownership before you buy
One of the more challenging ways to buy a car is from a private seller. This chapter will give you what you need to do if you want to buy a car in this way.
- Is it better to buy a car from a private seller?
- Pitfalls of buying a vehicle from a private seller: Buyer Beware!
- Important things to consider when buying a car from a private seller
- The used car checklist reprised
This chapter will give you the ins and outs of buying a car online… and what you should watch out for if you’re buying a vehicle using the World Wide Web!
- Advantages to buying a car online
- Pitfalls of buying a car online
- Online car buying and pricing sites
This chapter will help you to understand how car prices are determined and how you can get the best price for your new or used car.
- Car pricing definitions
- Research car pricing before you go to the dealership
- Know what the dealer paid for the car… new or used
- Negotiate from the dealer cost… not from the sticker price
- Never mix the vehicle price negotiation with other factors
- Get your vehicle financing before you go to the dealership
- Don’t buy vehicle extras when buying a car
- The “Sneaky 13” car dealer ad scams and strategies that can cost you money
This chapter will give you the ins and outs of trade-ins to help you get the best value for the trade.
This chapter will help you to understand loans versus leasing and other finance alternatives… and guide you in researching and shopping for a car loan. You’ll also get information about common financing scams.
- Bad credit auto loans: a little introduction
- A little information about car credit options
- Qualifying for a bad credit auto loan
- Bad credit car loans are on the rise
- The bad credit car loan process
- Car loans with bad credit
- Five requirements for bad credit auto loans
- Tips that can help you get approved for a bad credit auto loan
- Check (and know) your credit profile
- Bad Credit Car Loan FAQs
- Tips on getting a car loan after a bankruptcy
- Bounce back from bankruptcy with a vehicle loan
- Avoiding bad credit auto loan scams
- Car values to consider for bad credit auto financing
- Making bad credit auto financing more affordable
- Other tips for getting a bad credit auto loan
This chapter will help you understand the differences between leasing and buying and how to negotiate to get a good lease.
- Leasing a car: What it means to lease instead of buy
- Leasing versus buying a car: differences between the two
- Leasing versus buying a car: pros and cons
- Which is better: Leasing or buying a car?
This chapter will help you with negotiation techniques, fees and add-ons to beware of, and give you some sales pitches to watch for in your negotiations.
This chapter will give you tips and information about what to do after you’ve bought your car.
We hope you find this guide to buying a car helpful. If you’d like to send comments or questions with regard to this guide, please reach out to us at info@FederalAutoLoan.com.
And if you’d like to get a loan for a used or new car then you’ve come to the right place! No matter what your credit score… even if you’ve gone through bankruptcy… we can help you get the right loan for you. Apply for your auto financing now at www.federalautoloan.com!